Whya Project Journey Print?
The picture of the “Journey into the Unknown” describes the most important aspects of a project, in a way that is understandable for everybody. Explaining the metaphor helps to
- invite people to professionally approach project work, in a human and intuitive way,
- gain a cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary understanding of their venture,
- have a dialogue on a level playing field about the upcoming venture, between people who have different perspectives and levels of expertise in project management.
Project professionals can use it as a translation tool, in order to explain the nature of a project to people, who are not used to speak “project-management-ish”.
How to use this?
Use the metaphor in meetings before defining projects, e.g. in project ideation, kick-off workshops. Have it visible for everybody in the room, e.g. on the table, on a whiteboard. Explain the Project Journey in one minute and make the link to the Project Canvas.
This is how Over the Fence explains the project journey in less than one minute: https://youtu.be/1WDpJcEzniE
What is it?
The Journey is the underlying metaphor of the Project Canvas created by the open source project initiative “Over the Fence”. The metaphor visualizes all important project building blocks. It works. And it is ...
- independent from the “school of project thinking” (e.g. agile, traditional, prototypical)
- compliant with established project management standards (on international level)
- understandable for all people in projects, from all kinds of professional disciplines and cultures.
Project Canvas A0 (availabe in shop)
Download the Digital Edition (overthefence.com.de/tools)
|Size||43 x 29 cm|
|Quantity in shipping unit||1|
|Material||Printed paper 300 g/m²|
|Delivery||We do our best to send within 0-2 days with DHL or Deutsche Post|
|Delivery time||In Germany the goods arrive normally within 1-3 working days. In Austria and Switzerland you should expect them in 3-6 working days. All other countries vary from 3 to 30 days|
|VAT Number in EU||While completing your online order, please make sure you fill in your VAT number, if you have one and the delivery is to an EU-country outside Germany. Otherwise we have to incl. 19 % VAT on your invoice|
|Online offering||Our online offering is targeted for companies, registered business, freelancers and associations as well as authorities, schools and universities. German VAT added to all deliveries in Germany and EU deliveries without valid VAT number.|